[Dixielandjazz] Dancing Fool

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 19 19:59:34 PDT 2008

  Ken Mathieson wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a verse to Dancing Fool, written by
> Smith/Wheeler/Snyder and recorded by Eddie Condon (with Fats Waller
> on piano) for Commodore Records?

Dear Ken,
The intro and verse are on the 1922 records by Bailey's Lucky Seven
and The California Ramblers.
These can be heard on the Red Hot Song Archive (courtesy of DJMLer
Craig Johnson and Scott Alexander) at
   http://www.mainely-jazz.com/rhsongs/songframes.html
The great Condon Commodore version with Fats is also there.
It is also on two albums, but with or without verse, I do not know.
Neither are in my collection.
• 'Swinging Minstrel' (1963). Clancy Hayes.  Good Time Jazz M12050.
• 'Clancy Hayes Special' (1999). Bob Schultz Frisco Jazz Band. Stomp
Off CD 1349.
Kind regards,
Bill.