[Dixielandjazz] little lost song........

jereyoung timeserved at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 11 20:38:45 PDT 2008

(I'm retyping this ---not sure if original was sent)

My wife's new favorite song is 'when the gang's all gone home'----   I have a terrible recording I made of High Sierra's Earl McKee warbling this tune in Pismo many many moons ago....When I googled the title, i learned from a thread entry by Bob Ringwald that this may have several sets of lryics but the share the same melody----

I would love to get a high fidelity copy of this song that she can play on our home system so if anyone can help me, we'd appreciate it.

Incidentally, I met and spoke with Bob Ringwald between sets there in Pismo that year and even chatted with his daughter whose photo was just appearing on the cover of Life Mag. if i'm not mistaken so you know just how long ago that was.....

Anyway, if anyone can help out an old dixie drummer (Warren Fredrick & His Rhythm Masters - Roger Munnell was playing trombone in the front line then) now moldering here on the coast give me a hand -

thanks

jere young
6311 alta vista drive simi valley ca 93063
cell:  805 657-7111
jereyoung at dslextreme.com