[Dixielandjazz] CD review

Geoff Power gnjmusic at netspace.net.au
Tue Sep 2 18:37:58 PDT 2008

Hello listmates,

In April this year, I released my new CD, "Indian Summer", a collection of
duets and quartets with the wonderful Sydney pianist, Peter Locke.  The
following review appeared in last week's Sydney Morning Herald (our
broadsheet equivalent to the New York Times)

³INDIAN SUMMER² REVIEW ­ SYDNEY MORNING HERALD 29/8/08
(La Brava)

³Geoff Power¹s cornet is caught in all its earthy glory here: a slurring,
crying, laughing and sometimes rambunctious instrument which, like his
smoother trombone, is never used for banal flourishes.  Pianist Peter Locke,
meanwhile, delves beneath the surface of the standards they play and tickles
them into fresh life.  On most tracks they are underpinned by David Seidel¹s
bass and Anthony Howe¹s drums, which also benefit from the sensational
²audio verite² sound.

John Shand                   4 stars

Regards to all

Geoff