[Dixielandjazz] T-bone story

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Sep 1 09:18:03 PDT 2008

Another true story about My friend Gary Dammer who is a fine trumpet player
and big band leader here in St. Louis.

For years Gary had an allergic skin condition on his hands and he wore tight
fitting leather gloves when he played gigs.  One night after a big band gig
a little blue haired lady walked up to Bill Archer, the lead alto player and
asked,  why is that man wearing gloves?  Bill, without missing a beat,
solemnly said, that's because he has no hands.

Larry
St. L