[Dixielandjazz] UK Tours

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Mon Oct 27 03:12:22 PDT 2008

Randy Fendrick wrote on 24/10/2008 22:21:06:

> I told my wife today, that I am finally accepting the reality of
> retirement and am looking for tours of the UK that encompasses Gardens,
> Brass Bands, and Pubs with some trad jazz thrown in.  Anyone have any
> ideas?

I guess it depends on your priorities. Others have mentioned the Brass
Band stuff. So I'll chime in with some gardens. In general there are
more gardens down south. Well known ones include The Eden Project and the
Lost Gardens of Helligan in the west. Then further east there are places
like Sheffield Park, Nymans, Sissinghurst, Wakehurst Place and Batemans.
Others include Dyrham Park, Hidcote Manor and Stourhead.

A lot of these are owned by the National Trust, so it is worth checking
their web site. It may be worth getting a membership.

There is quite a bit of Jazz in the south east. Places like Hastings
and Brighton (and even Eastbourne) have an active scene.

Bob Ringwald mentioned the Pizza Express and The 100 Club (100 Oxford
Street). Both still have music, but it can be variable. If they have
something on you like they are worth a visit, but check first. There
is also Ronnie Scott's and The Bull at Barnes in London.

Have fun

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.