[Dixielandjazz] Dick Cary with Condon.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 24 16:57:59 PDT 2008

Lowell Busching wrote in part:
> If he [Dick Cary] did not play the piano at any time during those
> shows, but only with Armstrong, I am sure Bob Ringwald can confirm
> that.

Dear Lowell,
I did not mean to infer that Dick Cary did not play piano or alto horn
during the early-mid 40s.
Far from it.
Only that he did not play either instrument on the Eddie Condon 'Town
Hall' broadcasts.
In fact, in early 1944 as pianist he recorded with Joe Marsala's band
and the Muggsy Spanier Ragtimers and was on the 19 January 1945 Wild
Bill Commodore session mentioned in my last post.
After the war he joined and recorded (for Capitol) with Billy
Butterfield's band on alto horn.
All well before he became the first pianist with the Louis' All Stars
in 1947.
Kind regards,
Bill.