[Dixielandjazz] Condon at Town Hall

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:40:06 PDT 2008

I beg to disagree!
I have only one Town Hall double album (I'm really not interested in
commercials for war bonds, or news announcements about what the allies
had liberated at the time of the concert), but I have most of the
Condon gang pre-war records.  Nevertheless, Bixieland and Coast to
Coast Jam Session (With the Rampart St. Praders on the flip side) are
my favourite Condon records (I have quite a few more, including the
1940's Deccas).

Oh, and I've never been convinced that Pee Wee played badly in the
forties; I even protested when this was mentioned on the Mississippi
Rag Bulletin Board.  My ears (even though I am a BG admirer) tell me
taht Pee Wee was great - but then, by the time I came to jazz, his
sound was widely accepted.
Cheers