[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Education Network (JEN)

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 24 08:35:02 PDT 2008

Below information might be interesting to Trad Jazz Activists. It was
in a reply to Don Jones, Publisher of the American Rag and copied to
about 50 others who are involved with the possibilities of becoming
involved with a new Association that supports Jazz.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Dear Don and Trad Jazz & Ragtime Supporters,

Thank you kindly for your interest in our new organization, Jazz
Education Network.  I forwarded it on to our Executive Committee and
we are all in agreement that we would be honored if one of your fine
groups could perform at the NAMM Conference!  I inquired with the NAMM
producer (as it is not our show/conference--we are simply meeting
there) and he said to find out how many and when!  He will do his best
to make this happen...so please Rosemary or Don...let me know how I
can assist and  make this happen Jan. 17 or 18 in Anaheim.

Since our organization is just beginning, NOW is the time for us to
connect, for you to become involved and attend the OPEN FORUM
scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 17th.  As I have been saying, "Be a part,
from the start."

THis will not be an US vs. THEM meeting...we want to listen to your
thoughts and ideas and evolve the direction with and from the
membership.

We welcome you as individuals and as a group and as a most important
musical genre of jazz.  As I said in my video message on our website www.JazzEdNet.org
  --"we welcome traditional and not so traditional jazz"---- it is my
pledge to be inclusive rather than exclusive.  Please...consider being
a part of history....be a part of JEN!

Most sincerely,
Mary Jo Papich
Mary Jo Papich
Jazz Education Network - President
Fine and Applied Arts Dept. Chair
Focus on the Arts Coordinator
Highland Park High School
433 Vine Ave.
Highland Park, IL 60035
224-765-2161 Office 224-765-2706 Fax
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."
Oliver Wendell Holmes

www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband