[Dixielandjazz] October Gigs

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed Oct 22 09:45:35 PDT 2008

An interesting thing happened on the way to my stockbrokers.  Almost all of my October gigs sort of went away.  Normally I will play anywhere from 6 to 15 gigs a month and represents a fairly good chunk of change.

This month I have one gig.  It's been years since I have only played one gig in a month.  I also sell artwork to several companies that sell to all the majors like Wal-Mart, K Mart, Home Depot etc. in addition to many trucking companies that buy customized mud flaps.  I am virtually on vacation right now.

Normally gigs are booked ahead by a couple of months but I also get several jobs just a couple of weeks out.  Right now November is a little off but looking OK with six Veteran's day related gigs and I booked another November and a December job this morning.

I often play gigs with other bands and that has dropped to zero through December too.

Right now December bookings are lagging behind and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced a drop in gigs for the next several months.

Larry
StL