[Dixielandjazz] One Toke Over The Line

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 17 20:56:06 PDT 2008

Dear Bill:

That's cause you either inhabit OZ, or are a square like Lawrence
Welk. <grin>

"Toke" is the same as "Hit" concerning a joint.

It is slang for taking a deep drag and slowly inhaling.

Musician Usage a la Louis Armstrong: "Have a toke of this, gates."

Heck, isn't most music about sex and/or mind altering substances,
thinly described as "Love" and "Feeling Groovy"?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband