[Dixielandjazz] Corollary to Top Ten Facts of Life for Playing in Clubs and Restaurants

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:25:29 PDT 2008

Hello Ken,
Great story.

>the British big band that was put together for a
> Goodman tour of northern Europe.

Probably the best band BG had in many years, at least - the one I've
enjoyed the most after the BG Story band.  I have other late BG big
band recordings, but none to match that band.  And McLevy's solos are
so good that "ace" seems like damning with faint praise!

Martin Taylor gave a solo concert in TEl-Aviv many years ago, and I
still cannot get over the first impression whenever I listen to my
recording thereof.  I'm only sorry that the tape ran out before the
end.

I'm not a great Accordion fan, though.

Cheers