[Dixielandjazz] Fred Astaire

Russ Guarino russguarino at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 05:39:07 PDT 2008

Just saw something that blew me away.

Fred Astaire playing a hot piano.  The movie was "Roberta" produced in
1935.

There was a long close up shot.  There was no doupt about it. It was
Fred and he was moving along playing a very hot swing tune at about 250
bpm. And he was darn good.  He could have made a living playing piano in
a big band.

He then did a major "hot" tap dance after singing.  Was A talent !!!

Junst in passing,  a couple of other tunes were "I won't Dance" and
"Smoke gets in your eyes". I then turned off the TV as I had other stuff
to do.

Russ Guarino