[Dixielandjazz] And Now for something Completely Different! Honk! (maybe OT - who knows?)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Oct 6 10:35:49 PDT 2008

Hi all,

For those around the Boston area (or beyond) looking for one part of
what is happening to some kinds of OKOM in the "younger generation"
you might want to check out the 3rd Annual Honk! Festival in the
streets of Cambridge and Somerville this weekend (Oct 10-13) and
Providence RI on the 14th. New Orleans style brass bands, "radical"
marching bands, community bands, all kinds of street jazz/world
brass/ - hard to describe it, but it should be a great (and free)
festival!

I am going, all the way from California. (not taking my tuba, but I
will find something to play if I can.)

http://honkfest.org  has all sorts of information, videos of previous
years performances and such.

Maybe I will see some of you there!