[Dixielandjazz] Club & Restaurant Jazz Gigs

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 14:21:52 PDT 2008

The last time I visited the jazz room of the London Pizza Express, the
Maitre d'hotel was running around and trying to shsush the louder
customers.

One time I went to hear the excellent Jane Gwinn at a London Pizza
parlour (I don't eat pizza).  The crowd was loud, and, as you said,
"the talent of anyone who wanted to sit in was inversely proportional
to how insistent the person or the person's friends were about his/her
sitting in."  They insisted on getting a girl with a teriible voice to
sing with the band.

And, again as you said, someone requested "St. Louis Blues" just after
the band finished playing it.  Ms. Gwinn's comment: "We've just played
it, but this time we'll do it right!"

Still, I was sitting clost to the bandstand, so it was worth it.

By the way, does anybody know whatever happend to her?

Cheers