[Dixielandjazz] A Plug from a lurker...unknown musicians

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 22:36:20 PST 2008

Hi: It's been awhile since I have posted to this list. What prompts  this
email was the recent mention of local musicians who are not  famous and probably
will never be.

So, in this vein, I want to congratulate my band mates in the Barrelhouse
Jazz Band (Oakland, California), namely, Al Flood, clarinet; Mark Jurich, piano;
 Scott Wild, drums, Jim-Locke Brown, banjo, David Auerbach, tuba and Rich
Newcomb, tbone. I play trumpet. (Art Wood)

We are all local bay area musicians who just have fun playing primarily for
church services and occasional civic events and support our families in
endeavors other than music.

But if we lived in a different era, or had the opportunity to make music  our
living, I am sure that most of us would jump at the chance.

In my case, I have been a working weekend musician for awhile playing  the
spaghetti and knockwurst circuit.

So, if you are curious to hear some rehearsal cuts, here goes:
_http://www.shoutlife.com/artwood_ (http://www.shoutlife.com/artwood)

Happy T-Day in advance, and thank you,
Art

PS For those of you in the Bay Area, contact me off-list if you want  to hear
us in person, or want to hire us.