[Dixielandjazz] Skiffle Music

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 22 16:22:39 PST 2008

Hi Listmates -
Nice thread and lots of interesting stuff to see here.  I don't think Ralf has ever referred to the band as a "Skiffle Band" so it was funny to see that.  If anything, Ralf always says we're a "Washboard Band".  He claims any band that has a washboard in it instantly becomes a "Washboard Band".  So if he were to play with the New York Philharmonic, it would become the New York Philharmonic Washboard Band. The only thing that supersedes the washboard is the jug.  Add a jug and it becomes the New York Philharmonic Jug Band.  This is what Ralf claims anyway and I don't doubt his authority on this matter.
http://www.reynoldsbrothers.net/

Cheers,
Katie

http://www.katiecavera.net