[Dixielandjazz] Bent Persson clips - WAS Forest Whitaker to direct and star in Satchmo biopic

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Sat Nov 22 13:21:34 PST 2008

To those who wrote saying they could not access audio clips
at BENT PERSSON's website:

This is not the most "user-friendly" website, so here's some help:

Start with this page:
http://www.visit.se/~bentpersson/rec/skivor2.htm

Then at the upper left, there's a text window with an arrow to click and
direct you to numerous CD choices. Select one, but you have also have to
click on a separate button that says, "see record."

After hearing the clip, use the "back" button on your browser window to
return to the music page.

Here are some of the albums that provide 1 or 2 clips:

Vol. 1-2/Louis Armstrong
Vol. 2-3/50 Hot
Vol. 3-4/Choruses
Vol. 2/Jazz Wizards

One other thought on the original "Forest Whitaker" thread:

The SATCHMO.com website provides a link to many music sites but to only one
individual artist, for whom they have designed a page within the site; it's
LEROY JONES. I met and spoke with him briefly after a Harry Connick, Jr.
concert in 2005, and promptly posted to the DJML how much he reminded me of
Louis with his big smile and good vibes. His style is more modern, but I'm
sure he could conjure and channel the spirit of Louis if he wanted to.  For
the movie, I would've liked seeing him acting the role and playing the music
himself, without an overdub.
I wonder if they'll have Wynton Marsalis on the soundtrack...???