[Dixielandjazz] Tiny bit OT, but worth it! The Potato Salad Song (and dance)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 19 20:00:13 PST 2008

  David Richoux wrote:
> Here is the info for that clip:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036673/
> Broadway Rhythm (1944)
in which is mentioned:
"The one exception is the George and Ira Gershwin number, "Sombody
Loves Me", performed by Lena Horne with Eddie being the silent partner
in the act............ The Ross Sisters also provide their own
acrobatic charm here. Nancy Walker and Ben Blue are pretty hilarious
with the "Milkman Keep Those Bottles Quiet" number with [Tommy] Dorsey."

Dear Dave,
Here is the clip of Lena Horne and Eddie mentioned in the article:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIoMXnv3fk
Plus another by Lena from the film:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I8CchvvTFs&feature=related
and the Tommy Dorsey contribution also mentioned:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxPQpX5x4Ck.
I'm still looking for the Hazel Scott number  "Minute Waltz".
Kind regards,
Bill (who should be working on something else).
PS: I wonder what the Ross sisters look like today?
8>)