[Dixielandjazz] Forest Whitaker to direct and star in Satchmo biopic

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 15:33:20 PST 2008

Jon Eric Kellso is a wonderful musician, whose playing I've enjoyed
for quite a few years (he is too young for it to be "many"), both live
abd on record.

Nevertheless, the obvious choice for playing Armstrong's MUSIC,
especially the early period, seems to be the Swede Bengt Persson, who
has recorded, inter alia, the famous "50 hot choruses" of Armstrong's.
 A very vesatile musician (I heard him in a REd Nicholls tribute),
best known for having thoroughly absorbed the early Armstrong style.

Cheers