[Dixielandjazz] Jerry Fuller? Charley Bornemann?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 12 13:05:36 PST 2008

  Jtnt at aol.com asked:
> Anyone got Jerry Fuller's email address? I need to find out from him
> who
> were the personnel on 2 Dukes albums; DL 74863, Come To The Cabaret,
> and 74864,
> Thoroughly Modern Millie.  Both were done in the 1968 time frame.
> Same for
> Charley Bornemann, who I think was on Cabaret and most likely both.

Dear Jack,
If you do find out, please promise to post the detailed information on
the DJML.
All personnel and date information from this 'commercial' period of
the original Dukes' is scant.
Why this should be, I don't know, but suggest that a lot of jazz
people thought that the band "had lost the plot and was in decline."
Boy, will I, the messenger, get hung, drawn and quartered over that
comment.
8>)
What information I have suggests that Ed Hubble was on trombone at
this time and that the sessions were recorded in 1966. The rest were
Frank Assunto, Jerry Fuller, Gene Schroeder, Jacinto Assunto, Rudy
Deutsch and Barrrett Deems.
Kind regards,
Bill.