[Dixielandjazz] Good unknown musicians

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:35:11 PST 2008

Hi Steve,

Well, I am one of those good unknown trad jazz singers who will be joining the "Jazz Jam" at The Rex in Toronto tonight at 9:30 pm.  Hopefully I can get to sing.

Anyone on the list in Toronto and planning on going, let me know!

Barbara Jordan> From: barbonestreet at earthlink.net> Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 17:15:35 -0500> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Good unknown musicians> CC: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com> To: jordan_barb at hotmail.com> > > Marek Boym" <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote:> >> > Good music is good music, with or without political message. I have> > never heard of any of those musicians, but the performace of that song> > is among the best I have heard.> > Dear Marek:> > Yes, they are good. One of the neat things about living where I do is > that I get to hear musicians in NYC, Philadelphia and Baltimore- > Washington DC. There are hundreds, if not thousands of good jazz > musicians in that corridor. Mostly unknown. How lucky I am, to still > get out and listen to live music. So much good live music lout there, > so little time.> > Cheers,> Steve> > _______________________________________________> To unsubscribe or change your e-mail preferences for the Dixieland Jazz Mailing list, or to find the online archives, please visit:> > http://ml.islandnet.com/mailman/listinfo/dixielandjazz> > > > Dixielandjazz mailing list> Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com