[Dixielandjazz] Pee Wee's Blues

Zerxpress at aol.com Zerxpress at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 11:42:08 PST 2008

Kenny Davern told me that
it wasn't until he started exploring "Pee Wee's Blues" for his own  repertoire
that he realized that Pee Wee solo'd on a 12-bar form
even thought the tune is 14.

KD and I did a couple feature radio shows on Pee Wee Russell's music
on my KUNM jazz radio show.    Kenny inherited two of Pee  Wee's clarinets
and gave one to Dan Morgenstern,  and still had the other when he  himself
passed away.   AND he owned one of Pee Wee's magnificent  paintings
which is still hanging on that wall up in the little New Mexico village of
Sandia Park.

...............Mark Weber
Albuquerque, USA
5 Travel Deals!