[Dixielandjazz] Japanese Jazz Band

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 15:52:59 PST 2008

I would place a money bet that these young are somehow taught, coached or
guided by Ken Aoki.  You can see him with a banjo kind of rounding up  things
from the background.  Ken Aoki is a world class banjoists that you  should
definitely check out on YouTube.  Has his own Dixie Band  as well.
Here's one to get you started:
>_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efk_sG9aUz8&feature=related_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efk_sG9aUz8&feature=related) <
  Stay tuned to minute 3 & beyond.
Another to enjoy the big band backing:
>_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j714N05_SeQ&feature=related_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j714N05_SeQ&feature=related) <

As far as I've been able to learn, no one has yet brought him over to U.S.
for appearances.  Somewhere along the way I have also read that he does not
speak much English.  The banjo that Aoki is playing is one being currently
crafted in Germany, a Pietsch.
Ginny

In a message dated 11/2/2008 11:20:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,