[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz jubilee

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat May 31 20:54:12 PDT 2008

Haven't seen any comments on the Jubilee yet.

I know there were a lot of Listmates there.

Rebecca, Nancy, how about you?

I was thrilled with our Listmate Tamas Ittzes and his Bohem Ragtime Jazz
Band.  I actually saw 4 of their sets.  They were wonderful.  Played great
music.  Tamas's arrangements are superb.  The band has really good stage
presence.

Was anyone at their last set when I told the audience how the audience in
Hungary, shows that they like a band's performance?

After that, the audience used the technique to insist that they come back
for an encore.

Didn't see Kermit Ruffins.  Any comments?

Saw one all-star set with Randy Reinhart, Jake Hanna, Paul Keller, Jim
Galloway, Steve Homan & John Cocuzzi.  I think I didn't miss anyone.  It was
a wonderful set.

Of course the Ophir Prison  Band was great as usual.  Very funny.

Listmate Dave Williams from KNX All-News Radio in Los Angeles  did a nice
job of MC'ing the opening day parade.

It was nice to see so many Listmates at the Friday morning DJML bloody Mary
Party.  Of course Bill Gunter was really missed.

Comments?

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters