[Dixielandjazz] SPecific to Chris Tyle, but to anyone interested in a great album...

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Mon May 26 06:00:34 PDT 2008

Steve Hoog questioned an unfamiliar (to many) "Sweet Lorraine".
Now, I've not heard the disc he refers to but, I'll bet it is the "Sweet
Lorraine" recorded by
Johnny Dodds & his Orch.   per:
      Sweet Lorraine
      (Natty Dominique) 1-30-1929 Chicago, Illinois Victor
      V-38038-A
      48842-1
      Sweet Lorraine
      (Natty Dominique) 1-30-1929 Chicago, Illinois Victor
      LPB-558
      48842-2

Note that is from the Johnny Dodds page at redhotjazz.com.
-- as noted it was written by Natty Dominique, whereas the more familiar
song by that
title was published in 1928 by Cliff Burwell (music) and Mitchell Parrish
(Lyrics)
Interestingly, there is a :"Sweet Lorraine's Jazz Club in New Orleans on
Saing Claude Ave.
I'm sure Chris Tyle can provide further info.

Craig Johnson (who love a lead sheet of the Dominique creation.)