[Dixielandjazz] Oliver + Sugar Foot Stomp

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 13:42:31 PDT 2008

I hear you, John Petters and Bob Smith,

No, I have not listened to the Dixie Syncopaters much. I don't have
the records and at this stage in life, won't buy them. I've heard all
the Oliver I care to with his earlier bands. It is great music.

You know me, I listen to a lot of music, but do  not collect records,
preferring to listen to live music and/or more current offerings.
For me, hearing Oliver on Dippermouth Blues and his other work circa
1923 is certainly a treasure, but the little listening I've done to
Oliver's work after that is, in my ears, not up to the genius level of
his earlier recorded work.

Just my own funny way of approaching the music and my way of keeping a
mind that is filled with music, in some sort of balance. Especially
since when I listen, I also analyze and I simply do not have the time
to analyze it all.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.barbonestreet.com