[Dixielandjazz] Set Lengths Sacramento

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri May 16 17:00:01 PDT 2008

Lowell (Mad Dawg) Busching wrote in error:

(snip)
even Bob Ringwald is not totally sure how long the sets should be.
(snip)

Wrong.

I was speaking of the sets that have start times spaced in 90 minutes.
Those sets can be 60 to 70 minutes.

That is what I said.  Why would Mad Dawg say that I am not sure?

Again,
60 - 70 minutes.  That gives the band time to get off the stage and pack up
and the next band 20 to 30 minutes to set up.  Also gives the fans time to
get to a new venue and get seated, if they want to.  also gives them time to
get drinks, food, etc.

Again, 60 - 70 minutes, up to the band.

No less than 60 and no more than 70.  And the band is expected to start on
time.

Again, I am not talking about shorter sets possibly at the Crest.  Haven't
looked at the schedule.  I am talking about the sets that have starting
times spaced 90 minutes apart.

I hope I make myself clear.  Read my lips, "60 to 70 minutes."

BTW- Some folks like more time to get to new venues and to get drinks, food
and to just stretch, while others like less time between sets.  You can't
please everyone no matter how hard you try.

--Bob Ringwald

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters