[Dixielandjazz] Specifically for Bob R

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri May 16 00:21:31 PDT 2008

Steve 'stop the presses' hoog wrote:

Bob, I just saw a post on a tuba board about Jack Wadsworth, wondering what
happened to him.  Is he still with us?  With you?  The comment was about his
wonderful bass sax playing, and I have to agree with that.

Steve, Jack retired from Disney where he was a Music Editor.  He moved to
WA.  Also has a condo in HI and a house in Los Angeles.

I haven't seen him in many years, probably 13 or so.  But I get reports
about him from time to time.  His e-mail is jackwads at juno.com

He was a fine musician, not only on bass sax but other reeds, banjo, piano.

Actually in the Great Pacific JB we had 4-piano players.  Jim Turner piano,
Jack Wadsworth bass sax, Ray Templin drums and me on banjo.

At one of the Panoramas at the Sacramento Jazz jubilee, we all played sets,
back to back Ending with all 4 of us on one piano.  Sounded like crap but
was fun and the audience loved it.

--Bob Ringwald