[Dixielandjazz] Specifically for Bob R

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Thu May 15 09:51:45 PDT 2008

*Boy, what a great memory kicker-upper. Jack Wadsworth was a top flight
bass saxist -- on a par with "Blizzardhead" (Joe Rushton). I heard him
last at San Diego working with Bob's Great Pacific Band -- a fine band
with a great Nichols-like book and fine players. \
Last I heard he had gotten otu of the iz and moved to some place over
the Newhall ridge into the Desert. I am sure Bob R. will bring us up to
date.
Jack was a tasty player and his rhythm section time was rock solid and
his solo work exceptional -- and having spent a lot of my life from
"band brat" to grown up around "Blizzardhead," I no do not give faint
praise. Thanks for reminding me about this wonderful player.
Don Ingle
*