[Dixielandjazz] Does Loud equal Fire.

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu May 15 22:30:01 PDT 2008

I often was called to play tuba in the Magnolia band - I really
learned a lot about traditional New Orleans style playing. Robbie
Schlosser is a great band leader in that regard, but sometimes I felt
like there maybe could have been a bit more "energy" in our
performances. The Zenith Band from Berkeley often had many of the
same musicians, but when we formed as the Zenith Brass Band we took
on a whole 'nother aspect! (Hot!)

There are so many ways to interpret the musical varieties of OKOM and
I am glad that I have had many opportunities to play with some really
great musicians from the San Francisco/San Jose area.

BTW, there is/was also a Magnolia Band from Sweden - also very good!

Dave Richoux