[Dixielandjazz] Volume and fire

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Thu May 15 05:59:48 PDT 2008

Chris Tyle makes an important point supported by letters written to
families and friends by musicians in the 20's or 30's who say
something to the effect that they played or heard a band 'playing
really hot but you could still hear the shuffling of the dancers'
feet'. I'll try to find exact co-ordinates on these or maybe someone
on the list can reference this faster than I can.

Ricardo Giorgi
Rainbow Gardens Music
Toronto ON
rgmusic at sympatico.ca