[Dixielandjazz] FW: Attracting The Young Kids

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue May 13 09:31:38 PDT 2008

John Wilder wrote:
>To the kids of today, OKOM is Great-Grandparent music.

Sorry, John.  Just depends on how you play it!  Energy is the secret.

We're filling a night club every nite this week with kids from 18 upwards.
They love it, all of it, the old & newer.  It's got to be energetic, driving
& loud (except for those lovely "quiet" tunes). We don't let the energy ebb
even between tunes.  No more than maybe the name of the tune, and the next
song begins before the applause for the last one has died out.

Our audience is Spanish along with tourists from every corner of the world,
including a lot of American students, so no one can say the U.S. kids are
more difficult to get to.  Big smiles on all their faces, and they buy our
CD's.....

Jim