[Dixielandjazz] Igor's Question

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 12 21:40:01 PDT 2008

I know that I'm not too old to appreciate some of the newer (?) tunes, but on the backside of the Chastain placemat from the YBJB there is a large list of the tunes played by the band, I believe that if that list was followed several different festivals could be played before duplicating. ( Turn the plce mat over Fr Mike0

  This  jst an observation.

  Having heard sevral small bands play pop tunes with a tendency towards Dixieland , which made some even more enjoyable.

  Havng heard last weeks JCJB on NPRI about a diary kept by a New Yorker, brings to mind , that I kept a log of all the tunes heard and rated them , starting around 1936/ 1937. Unforunately lost in history.

  I have several postcards from Eddie Condon's Town Hall notifying about who and when, early 1944. Brings back memories when I was  in NYC during the war.

  Thanks to all who contribute, makes for great reading

  Slainte

  Ye Olde Mouldy fygge

  Ed Coltrin