[Dixielandjazz] Igor's Question

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun May 11 18:36:35 PDT 2008

Lots of good information in this thread Igor. Let me ask one of my
own. Suppose most bands played Dixieland like the one below. (1952) If
we did, I think the music would have a much broader appeal. My
question is:

Do we get too wound up about the "art" of jazz and not wound up enough
about the visceral guts of jazz?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSM_gLiQfUE

That is as close as you can get to what went on at Condon's every
night during the 40s, 50s, and 60s, until Eddie Condon died. IMO,
that's why he held onto a huge audience.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.barbonestreet.com
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband