[Dixielandjazz] Beebe - more

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 9 21:15:08 PDT 2008

Hello all

My previous post could have been way-off with regard to the jazz "Beebe".

Is it the same tune as the Coslow and Silver "Beebe" or "Bebe"? I have
the feeling that it may not be. The LP and CD re-issues of Jimmy
Dorsey's "Beebe" show the composer as Dorsey.

Regardless of this, both predate our former listmate Jim Beebe - Eddie
Cantor sang the Coslow and Silver "Bebe" in a Ziegfeld Follies (c.1923)
and Dorsey's recordings are 1929 and 1932.

Has anyone heard the Coslow and Silver composition and compared it with
Dorsey's?

All the best,
Anton