[Dixielandjazz] BG YouTube clip

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun May 4 15:30:55 PDT 2008

Diann Franks reiterated:
> The bassist was Slam Stewart , The  photograph w/names and dates is in
> the new bio  book titled "Flying Home Lionel Hampton[Celebrating 100
> years of good vibes]" . It's in the book stores now . It's a good
> read......Diann

Come on fellas.
Slam Stewart or George Duvivier?
Name the tunes on the YouTube clip (which I can't access).
Maybe we can use discography to solve it that way.
Diann is adamant and the facts fit her contention that it was the
Carnegie Hall concert on 29 June 1973.
Are you discussing two different YouTube clips?
So far as I can find, the only occasions on which Krupa, George
Duvivier and BG appeared together where sound/film recordings are
available were:
•The Film The Benny Goodman Story in 1955
•A TV broadcast in 21 August 1967
•The Timex All Star Swing Festival 23 Oct 1972.
Duvivier worked and recorded with BG on many other occasions, including
the small group, but not with Gene.
Kind regards,
Bill

http://www.myspace.com/robbersdogsjazzband