[Dixielandjazz] News from the Left Coast (sort of - Denver)

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Sat May 3 10:15:45 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Just wrote to my old friend, the female singer with Your Father's Mustache
Band, Mary Kelly.  We chatted and then she wrote:

"I have to tell you this story - I was talking to a festival director (can't
remember which one --Mammoth Lakes maybe) and he said "Stubby Heist used to
be your piano player, right?" I said yes, but that you were playing on the
cruise ships, and he said, "oh, I heard he was dead". So now you can
honestly say rumors of your demise have been greatly exaggerated. See what
happens when you disappear from the scene for a while? Was that the place
you lost your leg?"

(and, yes, Mammoth Lakes WAS the scene of "Stubby's Great Lost Leg Debacle".
No sense repeating that story here...)  Just squash any rumors of my
"demise" and thank you and, as always,...
(musical content:  Just a Little While to Stay Here!)

ALL the VERY Best,
Steve "Stubby" Heist