[Dixielandjazz] Firehouse Five + Two

Coastsidegiraffe at comcast.net Coastsidegiraffe at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 17:00:14 PDT 2008

In my capacity as office manager for the San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation I've received an inquiry regarding the existence of a recording by the Firehouse Five Plus Two  playing the Dark Town Strutters'  Ball.  The inquirer says that he once had a 78 recording of them playing this tune and wants to locate a record, tape or CD of it.  I've no idea.  I inquired of esteemed list member Hal Smith who advises that the band never recorded that number.  I know that if anyone would know, it would be Hal!  However, in the interest of leaving no stone unturned, I'm tossing this out to the DJML.  Anyone know of the existence of this recording?
Many thanks,
Karen
Pacifica, CA