[Dixielandjazz] Riverboat Shuffle - take 2

Chris Tyle jazzchops at isp.com
Tue Mar 18 21:03:48 PDT 2008

After the mention of the links to the Hoagy Carmichael collection
regarding Ev'ntide, I was surprised once Riverboat Shuffle was brought
up that no one checked this website, which is filled with stuff written
by and about Hoagy. http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/collections/hoagy/index.html

So for those interested in researching more about Riverboat Shuffle,
there are several pages of lyrics, apparently different versions Hoagy
wrote, including the verse which I don't believe I've ever heard anyone
sing. So here 'tis...

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/metsnav/hoagy/navigate.do?pn=1&size=large&oid=http%3A%2F%2Ffedora.dlib.indiana.edu%3A8080%2Ffedora%2Fget%2Fiudl%3A27886%2FMETADATA
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/metsnav/hoagy/navigate.do?pn=1&size=large&oid=http%3A%2F%2Ffedora.dlib.indiana.edu%3A8080%2Ffedora%2Fget%2Fiudl%3A27892%2FMETADATA
(the
verse)http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/metsnav/hoagy/navigate.do?pn=1&size=large&oid=http%3A%2F%2Ffedora.dlib.indiana.edu%3A8080%2Ffedora%2Fget%2Fiudl%3A27895%2FMETADATA
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/metsnav/hoagy/navigate.do?pn=1&size=large&oid=http%3A%2F%2Ffedora.dlib.indiana.edu%3A8080%2Ffedora%2Fget%2Fiudl%3A27897%2FMETADATA

So the line of with "alligator" is "come AND alligator that band."

If the links don't work, go to the pages for "lyrics" and go to
Riverboat Shuffle.

Cheers,
Chris Tyle