[Dixielandjazz] Short Question...

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Mar 17 12:21:34 PDT 2008

Steve,

My band (California Repercussions) has toured eastern OZ several
times and had a wonderful time. The parts of Australia I have been to
remind me a lot of California in climate & nature (except for the
'roos, wombats and stuff) and the folks there like to have a good
time with music, food and beer. It is a very casual sort of place,
but there are still remnants of  British culture. They like all sorts
of American music, I noticed.

It seemed like Americans were well accepted there, but that was 8
years ago (things may have changed just a bit ;-) We got caught up in
a political ruckus regarding musicians scheduled to play at the 2000
Olympics, but we got through it OK - lots of extra publicity!  They
have their own dollar, close to the USD at this point. $US 1.00 = $A
1.12, if I am doing the math right.

I just found this very useful website: http://www.pintprice.com/ for
"real world economics!"

Dave Richoux