[Dixielandjazz] Youtube -- Teddy Wilson & Billie Holiday

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 07:06:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am a jazz singer from Toronto who is new to this fantastic forum for exchange of ideas and would like to mention that I am very familiar with the audio on YouTube of Billie Holiday singing "What a Little Moonlight Can Do"

I actually performed this song along with a rendition of Blue Moon (a la Billy Eckstein) in a guest appearance with the Hot Five Jazzmakers from Toronto at C'est What, a great jazz bar on Front Street (67 Front Street) in Toronto.  If anyone is planning a trip to Toronto, you should check out The Hot Five Jazzmmakers who play there every 2nd Saturday from 3pm - 7pm.
I am planning a trip to New Orleans next February (09) and since this will be my first visit there, could someone let me know of any venues where I might be able to sing these 2 songs mentioned above?  I also sing a number of tunes from the 20's and 30's.  ex. A good Man is Hard to Find, Boo Hoo, Button Up Your Overcoat..... etc..

Much appreciated.....

btw: I am a tad behind in my emails......

Barbara Jordan