[Dixielandjazz] More on Sopramno Sax

J. D. Bryce brycejo at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 20:16:14 PDT 2008

I would have to disagree that all sopranos before 1950 were junk.  The
curved Conns made in the 1920s were superb instruments.  I have a curved
1921 Buescher stencil that has the most extraordinary voice I've ever heard
on a soprano.  It plays in tune, but has some idiosyncracies like all saxes;
especially sopranos.

J. D. Bryce