[Dixielandjazz] Stan McDonald -- recordings, artifacts, memorabilia

Stan McDonald stanmm at comcast.net
Sat Mar 8 21:46:32 PST 2008

Dear fans and friends (old or new),

I have not engaged in DJML until now, but wanted you to know that I have several of the above sorts of items posted on Ebay. Please check them out. I have consignonline doing this for me and they are just acclimating to dealing with my/our specialty, so you may have to hunt a bit for things like the tuxedo I wore in 1975 with Bobby Short and Claude Hopkins on PBS TV; one of the unique New Black Eagle Jazz Band t-shirts that I wore with them on festivals here and in Europe; or an original feature article on me in the MIssissippi Rag, Feb. 2003.

You will easily find my old Conn C Soprano Sax -- current bid $700.

I have of course continued active since my departure from the New Black Eagle Jazz Band in 1981, when I founded the Blue Horizon Jazz Band. You might check our name on Ebay for items; the Web under my name, and also our web site: www.bluehorizonjazzband -- and come and hear us live when in the Boston area.

This is my first venture with Ebay, but I have a great deal more stuff to put up, depending upon how consignonline works out. I'd appreciate your advice on anything I have that you might think of interest. I have a remaining stock of the first BJHB Lp recording as listed on Ebay that I'll send you for $15.00 ppd. in the US. Original shrink wrap with extensive notes of trad jazz revival in New England, through the 50's and 60's.

With fond regards and thanks for all the dear friendships -- faded or not -- and warm regards, always,

Stan McDonald
Leader, Blue Horizon Jazz Band