[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland all over the world

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 14:36:20 PST 2008

I went to the "Closing Ball" at the Edinburgh Jazz Festival in 1984.
The bands played their usual fare, and I ended up dancing all night,
with breaks for a beer (and the recykling thereof).  But then, it WAS
a jazz festival, and a jazz crowd.

However, I've seen the same thing in other places.  I went to hear
Mike Hart's band a few years later, and people just danced to whatever
the band played.  Of course, the same occurred in Bude, in venues taht
provided dance floors.
Cheers