[Dixielandjazz] FW: [BRASS-BAND] Music Club - BBC Radio2 - Ken Colyer, jazz trumpeter. Today 2233 - 2330

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:02:54 PST 2008

Hello Jim, listmates,
While not a great Colyer fan - I find the freer style of Chris Barber
or Freddie Randall much more to my taste - I find describing Colyer as
a "relatively unknown jazz trumpeter" rather strange (I know it's not
your fault).
Colyer is worhipped by many to this day, and there is even a Ken
Colyer Trust and a Ken Colyer Trust Band in Britain.
cheers