[Dixielandjazz] Some File Converters

Don Kirkman donsno2 at wavecable.com
Sun Mar 2 13:24:16 PST 2008

Here is a random assortment of file converters  DJMLers may find useful;
good ones for flv and rm are a little harder to come by than for many
other formats.

Free
====

Media Coder  (many formats, including flash)
  http://www.mediacoderhq.com/

Super©
Powerful, but takes some learning; many file formats including flv and
swf
  http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

swf>>avi  (I've found a few swf files it wouldn't convert,  but most are
okay)
  http://www.avi-swf-convert.com/

AVIdemux
Several formats including flv -rather techie interface
  http://www.avidemux.org

WinFF 0.33   A number of formats; for both Windows and Linux
A bit techie but well liked; I'm new to it
  http://www.biggmatt.com/

Pay for
======

FLV to AVI Lite  $29.95US
  http://www.flvsoft.com/flv_to_video/purchase.html

Open Video Converter  $25.00US
  http://www.008soft.com/products/open_video_converter.htm

WinAVI Converter $29.95US many formats including flash
I like this program but use my free ones more often nowadays
  http://www.winavi.com/

FWIW I keep an eye on the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup, which specializes
in tracking free programs ranging from small utilities to major suites
of programs.  They also maintain a major archive of previously discussed
programs and sources.
--
Don Kirkman