[Dixielandjazz] FW: The Perfect Recording

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Jun 25 14:34:07 PDT 2008

I think a lot of this technology is simply quick fix that really doesn't
improve things much in the long run.
Larry
STL

Apparently this thread started from someone mentioning a new computer
program for "cleaning up" recordings.  I would like to stress that there is
a big difference between someone cleaning up a recording in a domestic
situation, and a professional working in a controlled environment with
professional equipment.

A professional mastering studio will have approx 1 million dollars invested
in the equipment & the acoustics of the room, so work done there should
never be compared with what one does in his garage/bedroom studio.

I spend, normally, around 35 hours on a single CD, between editing &
mastering.  That is not a "quick fix", and it hopefully improves things!

Jim