[Dixielandjazz] New Black Eagles 20 Years Ago

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Jun 22 18:00:42 PDT 2008

Wonderful!

and look for many other posts to Youtube by the NBE.

As I commented on one of them - I know some "die-hard" trad jazz fans
who did not like the NBE. I never could draw a conclusive reason why
out of them!

  IMO, that band expressed the very best of the old New Orleans jazz
sound with well done solos, humor and a "beautiful sound." I cannot
think of any other band except maybe Jim Cullum's that has even come
as close...

In my 23+ years as a trad  jazz DJ I don't think I have heard better!
(live or on record.)

Dave Richoux