[Dixielandjazz] Noise?

kim haskett kimhask at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:40:40 PDT 2008

""""" Of course if we're talking from the point of view of members of a marching band ... ?????? every degree of consideration was given to these people."""""""

Oh come on..I can't let this one pass...I have  never posted before.....
Marching Band's  CONSIDERATION??!!!!.... Are you kidding me ?...HAHAHA!?
 We 'of the Marching Band Coalition EVERYWHERE' wish to say..

We are most often told 'when to play' in a parade situation,
and how 'much' to play...not counting..the 'plaaaaay something' cheers from
the streetside.  Doesn't much matter if it is Up hill, Round a corner, In the rain,
The sweltering heat, In front of TV cameras and a Reviewing Stand (30meters apart..we're
talking 2 songs here!, in some cases after an uphill climb?)

 As a personal aside; I can't march anymore (bad knees..all those years of marching..who'd a
thunk it..haha :o)

A good friend of mine once said....."I'll go back to doing parades when the 'audience' marches past me"

"""The festival was sufficiently well organised that musicians liable to stray to hostelries on the far side of the route were advised, alas needlessly, that if they went there they might be stuck there for at least an hour. In fact for the length of the set the disappointed ensemble on the stage had planned to play. ????""""

You are Right..the Organizers here should have been Tared and Feathered...and the musicians?  didn't they pack a cooler? haha..:o)

> The worst noise ever encountered by any band at any jazz festival appeared just after Ken Supermathieson's Classic Jazz Orchestra had played magnificently on the outdoor stage of the Glasgow Jazz Festival in 2006. Due to G8, including "The Bushy-Wushy W-boy then based in DC" (who oblivious of the wise condonisms re the danger of excessive athleticism fell off his bicycle in the grounds of the conference Hotel) >

'enough said about organizers :o)  hahaha