[Dixielandjazz] Ever Play Under These Conditions?

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Wed Jun 18 22:56:11 PDT 2008

Dummy that I am, I forgot the link to this rather odd video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Azt3f81wwg<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Azt3f81wwg>
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hal Vickery<mailto:hvickery_80 at msn.com>
  To: Hal Vickery<mailto:hvickery_80 at msn.com>
  Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:06 PM
  Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Ever Play Under These Conditions?

  As I've indicated in the past, I've established a love for the playing of Gunhild Carling over the past several months ever since her bagpipe solo on Amazing Grace was posted here.  As a result I occasionally check YouTube to see if anything new by her has been posted.  Today I found a video that I found truly amazing.

  She's playing with a band on a sidewalk with a small crowd on the opposite side of the street with her young toddler perched on her lap (playing with a toy recorder or slide whistle...not sure which) trumpet in one hand and eventually a bullhorn in the other.  About three minutes into the video, traffic starts to pass by led by something that resembles a garbage truck.

  It was certainly a strange gig, so my question is does it compare with any gig you've ever played?

  Hal Vickery